For most of the week, the colonial town of Pisac is a quiet Andean village where locals relax in the plaza. Here there is a popular market for tourists where you can pick up an array of souvenirs. But the village comes alive on Sunday when the famous weekly market takes place. Pisac’s Sunday market attracts locals and international tourists alike.The main square gets crowded, especially after the mass, which is celebrated in Quechua.
The Pisac Archaeological Site above the village is the largest fortress city of the Incas and one of the largest of ancient America. Pisac is known for its agricultural terracing, which was an essential part of Incan survival. In the vertical world of the Andes, flat agricultural land is scarce and landslides are a constant threat. The Incas solved both these problems by building agricultural terraces. Entire hillsides were tamed by great flights of terraces that followed contours like the layers of an architect’s model.
*TYPE OF SERVICE AND PRICING
Important! Tours are available as a PRIVATE SERVICE ONLY, and prices are per vehicle, NOT per person
|Sedan vehicle 1 to 4 passengers||SUV vehicle 1 to 4 passengers||Van vehicle 5 to 9 passengers|
|$ 65 US dollars||$ 90 US dollars||$ 130 US dollars|
The Cusco Tourist Ticket officially called Boleto Turistico del Cusco is a ticket which allows you to gain entrance to multiple attractions in and around Cusco and the Sacred Valley. You can also get a partial ticket (for fewer sites) and a single ticket
Tourist Ticket Pricing,
- The Full Tourist Ticket for 130 soles per person
- The Partial Tourist Ticket for 70 soles per person
To visit the Maras Salt Mines you will have to pay a separate admission fee of 10 soles per person.
DAILYS DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED
|Tour Style:||PRIVATE SERVICE ONLY|
|Tour Type:||Sightseeing, History and Culture|
|Pick up location:||Cusco Aiport or Hotel|
|Drop off location:||Any Hotel in the Sacred Valley and/or Ollanta Train Station|
|Tour Duration:||5 – 6 Hours approx.|
|Difficulty:||EASY – MODERATE, you don’t need to be super-fit. Just mobile. Altitude acclimatization is recommended but not mandatory.|
|Recommended time to arrive in Cusco:||NO LATER THAN MIDDAY (12 PM)|
What is included:
- Private and Comfortable Transportation with a professional driver. The type of vehicle will be provided based on the size of the group (SEDAN, VAN or VAN)
- Pick up from your Hotel located in Cusco city or the Sacred Valley Towns
- Drop off at your Hotel in Cusco city or the Sacred Valley Towns. We can also drop you off at Ollantaytambo Train station .
What isn’t included:
- Admission Tickets to the sites. “Boleto Turístico” (Sacred Valley Tourist Ticket) which grants you access to the historical sites described in the tours
- Food and beverages